Since completing the OE restoration of my AAR Cuda, I inquired into several firms producing T/A exhaust systems for my AAR Cuda. My goal was to purchase a system as produced by Chrysler (or as close as possible). I elected to choose a vendor that boasted about their product being licensed by Chrysler, that prototypes had been sent to Chrysler for approval, and this system was "dead on". I ordered the complete system, head pipes, mufflers, exhaust pipes/tip, hangers, etc. I was very disappointed in what I received. Immediately it was clear from looking at the head pipes that this wasn't OE as none of the "flats" that Chrysler put in the original pipes for clearance purposes where present. Next, the mufflers, while having the Chrysler logo, 2-70 date code, and a part number embossed on the muffler, they were not the correct font, correct placement, and the logo was much larger than the original. Plus, my "original" muffler had no part number embossed on the body of the muffler. Most disconcerting of all was the fact that the muffler was not even dimensionally correct, they were shorter and more narrow than the original Chrysler muffler. Next, the tail pipes did not have the correct length of hanger bracket (upside down "L" shape) welded to the tip. My original bracket was 1 3/4 inch from the top of the chrome tip to the top of the hanger bracket, this on is 1 5/8. 1/8 doesn't sound like much but when installed on the car it made constant contact with the torque box. I could go on about the muffler hangers and muffler straps being different from original, but I have a two part question. First, has anyone else experienced this type of quality control in other products licensed by Chrysler? And second, does anyone know of a vendor that is making a "correct" AAR exhaust system? I've been told by a couple of vendors that only one company makes these exhaust tips and mufflers and I just have to make do with what they produce. Is there any truth to that? NOTE: the picture of the muffler strap on the muffler is the "original" strap and hanger on the "licensed" muffler.

muffler compare.jpgMuffler end.jpg
Last edited by Imrare; 05/11/16 01:44 PM.