Caltracs are noisy and much too harsh on a street driven car. They work phenomenally on a smooth race track. Pinion snubbers, when properly adjusted, are way to harsh on a street driven vehicle. I learned this from several decades of experience.

I run slapper bars on my '68 Barracuda with two passenger side Super Stock springs and a 1" lowering block. I had to modify them so they were adjusted properly.

I know, I know, they don't work on Mopars. LOL

I guess the reason I just beat a Hellcat in a flag drop drag race to win the Willow Springs Drags at Spring Fling was my GM 200R4 transmission. My car only had 410 hp at the time too.

The bottom line is they work awesome, ride only slightly stiffer and if you paint them satin black, most people will not tell you how they don't work.

Even Bob Tarozzi, the designer of the Super Stock Springs signed off the set-up of my car. He said they didn't use them because of weight. A pinion snubber is lighter and works great on a smooth track.

IMG_1005 (Large).JPGIMG_0985 (Large).JPGIMG_0979 (Large).JPGJohnRace2 (Large).jpg

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)