I agree as well. I did this a few years ago for my Road Runner. The mechanical pump takes very little (.5psi) to lift the seats and allow the gas to pass right through. I tested my Carter electric pump and it depended on how the vanes were oriented when the pump stopped whether fuel could pass through or not. I rigged the electric with a check valve in parallel so when I turn the electric pump on it pushes against the check valve and diverts the fuel forward to the mechanical pump and up to prime the carbs. When the electric pump is off the mechanical pulls fuel though the check valve (least resistance) straight from the tank. This arrangement has been working great for the past several years. I run the pump about 20 seconds, it changes tone when the carbs are full. Hit the gas to set the choke and the car fires right up. Much better than opening the hood, remove the air cleaner, fill a squirt bottle with gas, fill the carbs through the vent tubes, put everything back together and crank it over until it catches... Usually this was with an audience who did not understand the issues of today's ethanol blends.

P7250932.jpg