No race tracks around here so I have not raced in nearly a decade but when I did race back in Tennessee I saw guys say they had this or that HP and it never added up but when you see the same engine go from a well set up car to a poorly done one and lose a bunch of HP based on the "calculators" you would see it did not always add up. I personally saw a guy sell his buddy a proven engine and he put it in a piece of crap car and it ran a lot less HP based on the calculations even though it was not the engines fault, it was the same from air cleaner to oil pan. I am not saying dynos are perfect or the calculators but it is pretty obvious stuff needs to be set up right or you are not getting acurate figures. Try taking a car out one time and shift 1000 RPM early every time and see for yourself if MPH is off, I promise you it will be. Calculating the HP off weight and MPH is a tool just like a dyno a wrench or socket. A guy may have a 600 HP engine but the calculator says 300 he may be telling a big one or his junk might be set up wrong.

I know what you guys are getting at, you think I am recomending racing dynos but I ain't. All I am saying is both dynos and calculators can give false numbers, a dyno just gets a bad rep because you can fudge it and get higher numbers, the calculator you can screw things up and get lower numbers but not higher(unless you lie about your temperature, altitude weight or MPH of course). Of course all that ever mattered when I raced was elapsed times don't know what you guys are doing these days, sounds like maybe the highest MPH is all that matters.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!