Originally Posted By Adrielp
Originally Posted By 462hemi
the thiteks are a great option and come with a decent port job standard. i run the 2.20 thiteks on my motor and they are fantastic. honestly though, intertias porter can get as much or more than the thiteks on a apache head. might be worth saving yourself a thousand bucks. the thiteks are 3499.00. either way is a great choice. do you already have apache cores?

I've got 6.1 cores. I figure as long as the short turn can take it, the throat can be resized to take advantage of a bigger valves. Not sure how much difference there is in the short turn area between each head.

You'd want to get a set of Apache heads if you want to be comparable or in the same ballpark as the thiteks. The 6.1s fully done will get you maybe 370cfm@6 fully done with a bigger 2.10 valve. The apaches come stock with a 2.14 valve and ported can get 390-400 with bigger valves. I just had my local guy finish up a set of apaches with stock 2.14 valves for me and he got 380cfm@6 out of them. The standard thitek head with a 2.1625 valve flows in the 385 range

462 gen 3 hemi daily driven