Friday Cont:

Unfortunately, for the group, there was an accident up ahead causing us to change route. Although, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing as all of the routes were pretty scenic. We went on our way from our Vista point and headed to the beach. The weather was perfect in Southern California. Clear skies, blue oceans, and 70 degree weather. You can't ask for much more. After reaching our final destination, Dennis and I decided it would be best to go back through the canyons to get lunch near the Picture Car Warehouse as we wanted to get a decent parking spot when the doors opened.

After a nice lunch at Applebee's we finally made it to the Picture Car Warehouse. What an awesome place and you can really tell the owner is a true Mopar Nut. Lots of Mopar memorabilia in the main lobby as well as a few cars and an old Gen I Hemi. When 5:00 hit, the owner let us run free through his lot. Cars everywhere! Some are from movies and commercials that may be recognizeable and others were awaiting being built. Lots of cool Mopars around too. Now I know where all the 4-door B Bodies went. They must have had 10-20 on this lot alone. Most were being converted into taxi's or patrol vehicles. Another cool vehicle was a '69 Notchback Barracuda. What was once a slanty now sports an RB Big Block, 8 3/4 rear end, a 4-speed, and disc brakes up front. I definitely wouldn't mind one of those. Also hiding beneath the ashes was a '70 Dodge Charger shell begging to be restored to its former glory, though no VIN or Fender Tag was found, and an actual '70 or '71 Barracuda convertible. Talk about rare cars that any of us would like to own.

After hanging out with everyone, I decided to hitch-hike a ride from Greg (Frankenduster) and his brother-in-law Jeff. We decided to head back to Woodley Park to grab a jacket from my car only to find out my car was locked in the gates. Instead of trying to figure out a bright idea of getting it out, like driving over the curb, we decided to head to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank. Again, this is another location I've been wanting to go to but never had the chance. Lots of characters with a wide variety of cars. We ended up talking with a guy with a Rat Rodded '40 Dodge Coupe/Pickup/Thing. Let's just say he went to Woodstock in '69 so he was definitely fun to talk to. Lots of little details to his car. One was his rotating air filter assembly with beer bottles of all the years Harley Davison made beer. Another was his small anvil bolted down to the back of his bed. You can't forget his chopped roof with a front windshield that was only about 6 inches tall. Again, another fun night and great times. Event Staff ended up being at the park at 10:30 PM to open the gate in case you were wondering if I ever got my car out. Although, not really a cool or funny end to a good story, part of me kind of wish I went off-roading and drove over the curve into the main road. The other part of me didn't want to hurt my car any longer.

Photos from Friday - http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/muumuu101/library/Spring%20Fling%202016/Friday

Last edited by MuuMuu101; 04/25/16 03:59 AM.