I did end up finding these pictures by searching Google for this topic...not the cleanest install, but it gives you an idea about the size. It doesn't look like the pulleys are lined up well but it looks like if someone could push the bearing bump-out beyond the edge of the cylinder head, you'd be golden.

I would be using the factory GM style "3 wire" setup for the best performance.

I'd say people only lived with the old lights dimming at idle and no charge at idle because they had to. All the more modern cars i've ever owned can maintain a solid 14.2-14.8v at idle with all the accessories on. The duster can't even maintain 13v with nothing on at low idle. As soon as the headlights are on, you're down to 11.5 or so volts...that's with no wipers, radio or anything else on. That is a problem in my book. You're getting discharge when you're in traffic, which is cutting spark energy and possibly shortening the life of your battery, radio, ignition boxes, etc.

I also have my worries about using the small denso one...sure it makes 60 amps at cruise, but what does that make at idle? I'm still not even sure if that would fit with the magnum heads that have larger ends on the heads (kind of like the edelbrocks).

I may end up adding an electric fan and an electric fuel pump to this car down the road as well, and i'd likely be right back to where I started if I don't have an alternator that can supply at least 45amps at idle.

'70 Duster 470hp 340/T56 Magnum/8 3/4 3.23 Sure-Grip