I know you were considering going efi earlier. Many efi systems have what you are looking for. This was from a post here a few days ago...
#2047938 - 04/06/16 11:53 AM Re: megasquirt or holley EFI ? [Re: cagebob1]
Efidart Offline

Loc: AB
As I'm probably the most "Serious" race effort using an MS3Pro so I should probably chime in..

I've tuned and a still tune many BS3, Holley, FAST, Megasquirt, Stock GM, Ford and Dodge ECUs... Even import stuff like PowerFCs etc.. Having a chassis dyno everything comes across your lap. I used to run a Megasquirt 1 on my Dart almost 15 years ago but ditched it because of noise problems and went to a BS3 as I was tuning tons of them and still do, ended up selling the BS3 as a package with my old turbo setup so I needed a new ECU.

Big reason for not going with a Holley is they aren't really anything better than a FAST XFI, BS3 or an MS3Pro for the money. They are all a clump of very similar stuff that all accomplish the same thing in the end. If anything I think the new Big Stuff 3 Gen 4 coming out is going to set the bar a bit higher for off the shelf systems.

Reasons why I went MS3Pro-

They figured out the damn noise problems from original Megasquirt that drove me crazy..

CAN EGT interface is extremely affordable compared and is nice to trim cylinders cruising or WOT.

Outputs and inputs are easily setup and can use any sensor or algorithm to trigger things like water meth, intercooler pump or fuel pumps vs demand etc.

Easily use a new LSU 4.9 sensor and any existing wideband you may have.

Use Bluetooth and a basic android tablet as a dash customized exactly how you'd like it to show. (Like it better than the racepak I used to run)

Internal logging to SD card then Bluetooth download saves a ton of time plus you never have to remember to trigger it.

Megalogviewer and Tuner studio do most of the tuning for you once you've established your tables.

Things I don't like about MS3Pro-

Not every Joe Blow can just hook it up to their SBC, SBM etc.. and go. Takes some knowhow and wiring experience to do it.

Harder than almost every other ECU to make a base tune to start unless your buying a plug and play version of an MS3Pro.

Have to run an Injector driver box for low impedance injectors (Maybe an advantage as a separate piece..).

They don't make a Plug and Play harness like a BS3, Fast etc etc.. for a normal V8 (Might be coming sooner than expected which will solve pretty much everything I don't like about MS3Pro).

In the end the MS3Pro has more advanced features and the opportunity to develop features than any other stand alone ECU on the market.. but if you have no idea how to use them, the time to learn them or someone to help you, there is no advantage over any other standalone ECU besides price.

That was copy and pasted from user "EFI dart". I agree with the megalog viewer as being among the best data logging programs. I import logs from other systems into Megalog viewer to improve data analysis.

Last edited by TRENDZ; 04/07/16 09:22 PM.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"