After being in service for 10 years on California crappy gas, I decided to rebuild my speed demon 750 carb. I bought a basic rebuild kit (gaskets, needles, floats) and did the job methodically. Now, before I took the car apart, it was running fine, and would fire up at the first turn of the key. I put everything back together, and now it just will plain not start.

I did not change timing, and I checked that I do have spark while cranking. I can reliably get the engine to fire with starter fluid, and so I got the car running and tuned real nice. The driveability is great, idle is awesome, and I’m pulling good vacuum (indicates no major leaks). Once the car is warmed up it starts awesome. It just will not start cold. I checked the choke and it is adjusted OK. Is there something I could have screwed up during the rebuild? I am at a total loss what to check next. For the life of me I can’t figure out how I can have the carb dialed in and working awesome, yet the car won’t start when cold.

Engine combo is a 383 big block, 10:1 compression iron heads with a 230 @ .050 solid roller cam.

"Broke is temporary, cheap lasts forever"