Never really understood what is going on when you get shake. Reading some posts with Al and Monte's comments about it in some other posts are kinda waking me up to what's happening. I always thought the exact opposite things were the causes/effects.
Seeing one of the videos posted by FastmOp about the shake he was getting is really a good visual on the results of shake. (can you repost that link?)
What I always thought was:

To low tire pressure.
Not enough hook.
To much power for the tire.

What I gather from Monte's posts:

More pressure may make it worse.
To much hook.
Not applying enough power to the tire.

Not sure that these were points he/they was trying to get across, but that's how I read it. Wish I would have been enlightened along time ago.
I only experienced it (shake) when I was in Memphis on a very well prepped track For the pump gas drags. Felt like I was driving over a stair case. I was testing the car with 10.5Ws to get the engine tune up right. They didn't allow those tires for the actual race, but I wanted to save the "legal" tires for racing not engine tuning. Anyway... I had a fair amount of boost in it, got it shakin', and worried about how if I was overpowering the "W" tire what would it do on the et streets?
I ended up turning down the boost, and it got even worse. With my thoughts on shake at that time, nothing was making sense. I wish I weren't so closed minded then. A reasonable person would have logically thought," if it got worse, I should go the other way"
Anyway, what happened then makes a lot more sense to me now. Definetely cost me positions in that race!

So, am I off on this one?

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"