Originally Posted By Jwilli500
Thanks again guys! Autoxcuda, that is the "experience" I was hoping for. That prebalanced kit looks pretty attractive too. My bobweight should be even less than your 340 stuff.
Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By Jwilli500
As it says, any experience with SCAT's cast version of the 4" crank. I know they're better than Eagles stuff, I'm just a little concerned with the amount of overlap between the main and rod journal with the smaller main. It'd be going in a 318 block with approximately 9.5:1, a M.P. Hydraulic Roller Cam (380 horse Crate Motor Cam) topped with EQ Magnum heads. I'd guess H.P. in the 400-450 range and more importantly similar torque numbers. Trying to get "off the fence" with some decisions here. Thanks for any useful info guys.

I have a Scat Cast Crank and whole rotating assembly in my 416 (340 block). I'm probably at 450hp or so. Ported E-brock heads, 9:1 compression, TTI headers, M1 single plane, XE274 solid cam.

I've got about 20,000 miles on it. I cruise at down the highway at 3800-4000 rpm. I go out the road course once a year and flog it all day long. Hit about 6200 rpm at end of straights.

Brian at IMM said it was fine to 500hp. And he said he's check the balancing and it's fine. So I'm running a SCAT factory internally balanced kit. All's fine here.

I bought my SCAT kit from www.immengines.com (Brian)