I have tested both the m1 4bbl and hughes air-gap and they do dramatically reduce IAT and pinging (as a result of low IAT and no low RPM ram filling the cylinders at low RPM) but the lower RPM where I usually run this truck(500-2000 RPM) TQ is very noticably gone. That would make me need to shift higher and frictional losses would go up with the RPM. They both made very good gains starting around 2500 or so, at that point they would run away from the beer barrel but you can not run them as low in RPM, I am putting the m1 on my 410 stroker in my other dakota to kill some low end and add some top end, I sold the air-gap. There is nothing anywhere close to what the resonant tuning in the beer barrel can do at low RPM. This is why I am stuck on keeping the kegger, I just need to figure out how to manage the heat soaking desighn.

I don't want to give the impression I don't like the hughes... If you have an automatic and 3.92 gears the hughes is an awesome intake. The m1 I only like with strokers and more RPM.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!