Next I built a split ring and welded nuts on the underside. This was put inside the tank and plug welded to the top flange. (no pics).

Then I built the top plate and new pump hanger. The threaded sending unit mounting ring was reattached to the new top plate.

Slammed that in the tank, added a gallon or so of gas and hot wired it on the ground to test.

Everything worked. So I jammed it up in the car. 73 Duster, mini-tub, springs relocated, Dana. It was tight to say the least, but i think everything works.

Overall, Im unimpressed with what they offer for an EFI tank. I basically paid extra for the recessed area, which I could have done myself had I know how tiny those openings were. Maybe you could run an external pump and stick a Holley hydramat on the end of the Tanks Inc. pickup, but the then you would have to add a return somewhere. That would have cost more and goal all along was an internal pump.

Oh, and Im pretty sure the sending unit came with a few pages of a chineese newspaper as packaging.

Last edited by j.mcconnell; 02/21/16 12:36 AM.