Yeah I've seen a few vids of racing in Vegas where ProStock and TF suffered a lot, but all are effected. We only have 1 good track, the Pod, 0 level and I can only remember 1 time in my 10yrs of Racing when the sweat was running down my arms from the heat!. I can imagine you have stock heads, no porting of any kind allowed, its hours and hours on the valves/seats to get the hp, cams with factory lift but 350 dur etc., launch at 6000+ and shift/trap at 8000+. We are leaning towards Legal S/SS racing here, but I don't think the guys really know whats exactly involved and how much effort it takes to be competitive, all we've had over here for years are brackets/.90 racing for door cars. I personally can't see it happening, most are just hobby/fun racers as I was, who build a car they want and then find a class to race it in, that will be either a bracket/index class, no other choices really in the 11>8 sec zone. I tended to take it a bit more serious than that, but that was just me.

We did have a real good class some years back in "Super Modified", a heads-up class with weight breaks and proper rules, for NA cars and N20 cars, the N20 cars were limited to 2 Nitrous solenoids with .090 orifices, a max of .600" lift cams, factory blocks/heads, these were in the 2300>2500lbs weight with Lenco's and they ran as good as 7.3's @185mph, oh to have something like that again!!

I guess at the end of the day the Wallace Calc, or at least the one I use is reasonably accurate for most cars that leave in a standard soft to semi-hard manner, when it comes to S/SS cars that sort of goes out the window some as does trying to get accurate fly hp numbers from timeslips/weight.

Last edited by rb446; 02/10/16 03:31 PM.

1969 'Cuda 446ci, best 9.96@133.9 in 1990
1971 340 'Cuda, best 11.01@122.8 in 1987