Originally Posted By moparx
i hesitated about responding to this, but. in my experience at work, to a person, the top manager got there by ?????? when all were introduced to the work force, it was mostly all bullhucky with a smattering of blather, then "we will continue to improve" with the help of our "valued employees", etc., etc., etc. all of you know the saying : "you can't bulls**t a bulls**ter, and you ain't bulls**itting me". every time, it ended up being the same old, same old way of doing business and most times, it ended up going down hill. the person on top, along with sometimes, a couple personal pals brought along for the ride, got a big ol salary increase, then magically "moved on" in a couple of years to something completely different to "work his magic on and save the day". someone else replaces him/her at the helm from a completely different different environment, and the saga repeats itself. it is no wonder this country and corporate america is in the shape it's in. it seems as though if you can talk a good game, even if you know nothing about the game being played, "you get the gold mine, the rest get the shaft".[apologies to jerry reed]. i really like mike dunn and he certainly has the experience to take over this position and do well. if true, and it turns out well for the racers, the above missive will be an exception to the rule [in our favor for a change!].
beer

In management positions I believe the height achieved is in direct proportion to the vacuum applied!

can 13