I am putting a 70 Duster 318 car back together. It is a 318 car with factory 10" drums. I re-verified that this is what should be on a V8 car with the FSM. The DS front brake line that goes from the rubber line to the wheel cylinder is a home made job from back in the day. It had some Teflon tape on it when I pulled the wheel apart.

I was worried about it leaking at the wheel cylinder since the fitting pretty much bottoms out in the new wheel cylinder. The line was fairly tight, but not as much as I would like. It leaks.

I ordered a new set of front brake lines from Inline Tube and they arrived quickly and they were wrong. Of course it was on a Saturday. I called on Monday and the tech was at lunch. 1230pm Detroit time. I called back around 2pm Detroit time and got a tongue lashing from the Tech about how busy he was and I needed to be patient and how I was on his list to call back. I held my tongue.

He wanted a picture of the PS brake line since it was a factory original. When he called back he told me that it was for a 9" drum brake car and not a 10". He felt that he had to tell me this several times. I was obviously wrong as far as he was concerned.

It took the entire week to get the brake lines. I am pretty sure that they had to bend them up and they were not in stock. I base my assumption on the fact that the first set arrived quickly.

The top set in the picture are the first ones that they sent. The bottom set are the ones that just arrived, on Saturday. If you can look closely, the fittings are the same on the second set. One side needs to be longer to bottom out in the wheel cylinder.

If it is possible to get the guy to admit that their records are wrong, 10" drums vs. 9", I still have to wait another week to get the parts. I guarantee that the LONG fitting will be on the WRONG side when they come.

Naturally I have to wait until Monday to try to get this fixed.

Opinions?

Thanks

1972 Cuda 340 4 speed, 2001 Ram CTD 4x4 6 speed, 1970 Duster 408 4 speed, 1996 Ram 5.9 2x4 auto, 1965 Coronet 500