Originally Posted By Crizila
I run a standard 180 stat, and an electric adjustable cooling fan control. Engine warms up quickly to 180 and then I can adjust the fan to come on where ever I want. I also have a switch mounted under the dash so I can run the fan continuously if I want. Gives me full control to run the engine temp where ever I want. Of course you have to have enough rad ( and fan )to do this. If I want to run at 190, I set the controller so the fan comes on at 190. Temp usually oscillates about 10 degrees as the fan kicks on and off.

How did this thread get so long? Your correct answer is right here in the 2nd reply.

The only thing that needs to be added here is the bottom temperature will be the thermostat temperature on the highway. Even with no fan the air through the grille will be enough to thermostat to regulate the temp at it's rating.

The temperature the fan turns off needs to be higher than thermostat temp. If not you will create a situation where the thermostat is closed and your fan is running.

69 Super Bee, 93 Mustang LX, 04 Allure Super