I'm not sure when he got it all figured out, but I bought my system in June last year. I had actually seen your build thread, while I was working out my details, and contacted Russell Drake. At that time, he was still perfecting his setup( probably in your car), and advised me that it still needed some programming work. I'm not exactly a computer genius, so I went looking for another answer. The Hotwire setup made sense, as I had the complete 08 Charger donor car. This setup uses all of the factory modules, and programs them to read the speed signal from his tone ring, which is very similar to the PCS tone ring except it used two sensors. I have put several thousand miles on it now, and it performs flawlessly, just as the 08 Charger did. I have an 8 3/4 rear with 3.23 gears and it is great on the highway and plenty fast on the street.
Originally Posted By Darius
This is news to me. I looked into Hotwire and was led to believe they did not have the NAG1 stuff figured out, maybe that all happened after my debacle. Awesome news it is though as this drive line with an 83/4 rear is great! I have a 2.76 gear and I get 20 mpg 70mph=2000 +or- rpm. It is pretty quick off the line and I can smoke the tires all I want .It chirps 2nd and 3rd when I am on it hard but not spinning the tires. It would be a beast out the hole with even a 3.55.
More guys will make this swap now the right equipment is available. It is worth it!