Originally Posted By Supercuda
Looking at the pictures, I believe your original failure was caused by using the wrong wheels.

The slots you appear to be setup to run a short shank nut. Your wheel bolts are conical seats. They are not compatible and it does not appear your new rims are compatible either.

Do you plan to convert all 4 corners to studs? I hope so.

To be honest, the drum setup on a 37 isn't worth the price of studs. Non self energizing drum brakes are terrible. I know you aren't planning on it right now, but I wouldn't invest in studding out the original drums myself, I'd just go with modern brakes all around.

The rear is already studs as it is a 8 inch Ford rear end out of what appears to be a Torino by its width. I'm not changing the Front brakes out at this time, I'm just putting in the studs in and the Weld Rodlites getting rid of these old mags. This truck with the brakes it has stops just fine for as little as I drive it.

69.5 A12 Bee, first purchased in 1976, car 169 on registry 69 Coronet R/T 440/4 spd 69 Coronet 500 Conv H code 383 4bbl/auto 37 Plymouth PU Find your spot on earth and ride it.