I've worked retail and wholesale parts most of my life with a 4 year stint of body shop management thrown in too. I know all too well about how difficult people can be at this time of year plus the rest of the time too. You just have to put your head down and plow through it the best you can and pray that the customers understand that you are just one person doing their utmost best under the circumstances. It still blows when you get some richard cranium that wipes out the day. Unfortunately, I remember them more than the people who really appreciated what you do or did for them. It is rewarding though when you see a person who was thankful in a different location who still appreciates what you did for them. When I was at SEMA, we stayed at Harrahs. At the little coffee stand of theirs one morning, the lady was working it by herself with a line of a dozen customers, when the day before she had 3 helping her. She was keeping her cool but moving as efficiently as possible. I made sure when it was my turn that I praised her for what she had to deal with and that she rocked the house because of that. I also made sure the others in line behind me heard this. Too many people, as you know, think the world revolves around them. Something to think about, for everyone, if you are in a line waiting your turn and some richard weed is giving the help a hard time for no reason other than selfishness point out that the person helping them is doing their best and maybe they should take a chill pill or vacate the premises. It also helps when the Lord is on your side.

Carl Kessel