That Plymouth looks 100 times better then the 35 Dodge I started with and built 20 years ago! It looks 100 times better then my 48 Plymouth looked when I started with it, and I'm driving it these days! How much is he asking, and does he have a title?

The grill was formed sheetmetal. Finding one intact, or close to being intact is tough. I believe they may be available aftermarket.

If your installing any motor other then the flathead 6 and its original trans, the front floor section will need to be fabricated. The original floor section that bolted into place won't fit around anything other then the original drive train.

It looks like someone drilled out the frozen door hinge bolts. The plate behind the door jam was a 1/4" plate with 4 tapped holes in it. The screws went through the holes in the hinges, through the holes in the door jam, and tightened into the plate. The screws were either straight blade or Phillips screw heads that had a tapered head (I've never seen original screws that were not stripped out) that set in the door hinge part.

The door post appears to be dented, and the fenders look to be in pretty decent condition other then the dents, dent removal is part of body work, something 90% of these old cars need to have done. I have no idea what the deal is with the rear fender, I would have held it up against the body to see how close it matched up. The running boards are interesting, and also something I've never personally seen in original condition! I just don't look at restored cars at car shows, and all of them on hot rods have been modified.

Last I knew, 8 3/4 center sections were still available. If you don't want to buy one, put a different rear end under it.

I'm getting the impression you need to buy a nearly complete project with most of the stuff done, buy a complete ready to drive car, or buy another muscle car. Not trying to be an azz, but that Plymouth looks pretty good for being 80 years old. Building old cars is a lot of work, the older they are, the more work involved. Anyone telling you differently is feeding you a line of BS.
The old Stude truck will probably look about the same.

This is a picture of my 35 Dodge 2 door sedan right after I got it home. That is me with my son, he is 35 now. The second picture is the same car, 5 years later. It takes a lot of work to get them to look like this, and up close, it didn't look that good. How does that Plymouth look now? Gene

35 brginning.jpeg35 end.jpeg