violin

I can't possibly feel sorry for anyone since it's been common knowledge that Cummins fuel mileage took a dump in '03.laugh2

For those that STILL refuse to listen, Google "REAL WORLD fuel mileage (insert your year here) Cummins Dodge" and read until you pass out. Loaded or unloaded, you'll find it all.

Even my '02 Cummins was not that great on fuel and I had every trick in the book on it:

60 hp Edge

3.55 gears

and 285 rubber.

Best that Cummins got was 16 to 17mpg empty and hell, I'm getting that out of my current 360 Mag with electric fan and dual exhaust with the catalytic converter cut out.

And before it gets brought up, if I want to pull 10,000 pounds I'll put a V10 in it. And still pay less than a glorious Cummins. twocents I can twin-turbo it too, no problem, it's been done.

But, on another note: 9mpg towing a 10,000 pound barn door is about normal so don't bother your dealer. I got 7 mpg with my Magnum at 14,000 GCWR pulling a 27' holiday trailer. Yep, I got passed on every hill, but who fricken cares? I made it to my destination about 10 minutes behind the diesels, whoop-de-do. eyes

So, enjoy your new Cummins. Waste of 11 grand as far as I'm concerned unless you are loaded both ways, 24-7, which, again, is common knowledge. shruggy

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".