Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
6PakBee

I never said his document shouldn't exist, I only noted that it needs some serious updating. It's important for onlookers to understand that the date spreads on that list are GENERAL and FAR from all inclusive and that was the reason for my post. We as a group simply don't have enough data to come to solid conclusions on most dated parts (and we likely never will).

There is a lot of mis-information out there, for example; I frequently get customer calls seeking dated carburetors for their cars, many of which have either read somewhere or been told by some "expert" that they need a carb(s) dated 1-2 months before their cars SPD. Guess what? Nope! While some cars got carbs that close to the SPD, plenty of cars got much earlier dates, I've seen documented examples that were dated over a year prior.

The same story goes for a lot of other parts so again, I'm only trying to emphasize that while such "notes" as are on that list have value in adding to the big picture, they certainly shouldn't carry a ton of weight as a stand alone reference document.

The point of my comment was that here we have someone who took the time and trouble in an attempt to PUBLICLY dispense information. In return there are comments from others that this is wrong or that is wrong. But these same people never seem to attempt to help the original author correct his/her document. I don't want this to turn into a ppppping contest but that's what I see over and over again.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".