Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted By Malicious�
Unbelievable that I post a video of a woman running 9.70's in a full street Mopar anyone car buy, with a pulley, tune and drag radials - and people somehow find something wrong with it, wow.

Malicious-- I totally agree! That gal's charger is AWESOME. It's also a reminder that vintage muscle cars no longer rule the street, OR the track!

My hat's off to her.

Its a fast car for sure and impressive even more because of the weight. Cars of today are taking advantage of modern tecnology as all the real fast newer cars run a power added like turbo's and superchargers. The fact is the technology is good enough that the factory's can sell cars with power adders and even offer a warranty. I know I basically built my 63 like I would have in the 70's as we just did not use power adders back then and my guess is they just did not have the technology to make the power adders real street friendly. And you have to understand that today they do and we all know how much power these super and turbo chargers add. Heck my 63 would have been the fastest street car around running in the 10's in the 70's. But today there are some very fast street cars that dont sound or look as fast as they are. Its great to see the cars run so good but you cant really compare the older stock muscle cars that were all N/A to these cars today that are all boosted. I have been saying for a few years that Mopar needed to boost the Challenger to be competitive with the boosted Mustang's and Camaro's and its great they did it. Myself I love the cars I grew up around and I love when I can race in a Nostalgic Superstock class because its the cars I love. But it is great to see the Hellcat's posting these awesome numbers and I sure as heck do respect them. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 11/29/15 04:12 AM.