Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
From Facebook:

Quote:
The 2016 schedule has been announced for OPTIMA's Search for the Ultimate Street Car. Registration will open before the end of the year

Thunderhill Raceway February 27-28
Palm Beach International Raceway April 9-10
Las Vegas Motor Speedway April 23-24
New Jersey Motorsports Park May 21-22
Charlotte Motor Speedway July 30-31
Circuit of The Americas August 6-7
Road America August 27-28
New Orleans Motorsports Park September 17-18
Auto Club Speedway October 8-9
Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational November 4-6

So if the rules stay relatively the same, which 3-6 tracks would best suit our older cars, ie pre ABS, non IRS, w/o modern aero, etc. It would seem if you can pick your three best weekends to represent your total score, and time and money prevents running every track, I would think a little thought would be helpful in where one runs. I'm thinking mid speed tracks, HP useful, but not so fast aero holds our old cars back, a smooth track to reduce IRS benefits ( I mention this because they ran Sebring 2? years ago and it can be brutal on the set-up). I have no first hand knowledge of any of these tracks except PBIR. The big unknown, I know at Daytona they added chicanes on the straights with banking, to keep speeds under control. So which would you pick and why?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.