Originally Posted By Jeremiah
Originally Posted By Chuck@Best_Machine
This is the only set we have tested down

Those look like the flow numbers from their old program. If you look here they have a revised table with better low lift numbers @.600-.800 lift:

http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/1headflowchartscomparisons.php#4658S3

When I asked Dave Hughes how to get .700+ lift he told me (not verbatim) that the scrub pattern on the valve tip would get ugly and retainer to rocker clearance would go away unless you used a much too tall stack of rocker shaft shims. Once I solved the valve train geometry issues the clearance issues went away too. Dave told me "been there, done that" and just run a smaller cam.

I said no way and bought a bunch of retainers and locks to figure out how to get a 1.625 spring in there with a 2.00" installed height. I then called Mike at http://www.b3racingengines.com/ and he hooked me up with a rocker shaft spacer kit that put everything in the right place for good. Now I can run an .800 lift cam but with the older heads they didn't increase much from .700-.800 lift so it wasn't nessecary.

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as Mr. D7. My engine is almost ready to dyno after two years of moving into and fixing up our second, now primary residence.. All that needs to be finished are a little bit of welding on the revised Schoenfeld dyno headers and to figure out if we want to dyno it with or without the nitrous kit.

Thoughts on what this will make?

How fast will a 3500 lb car go with it? With a 300 shot?

Da da da...the suspense lol

Here is the engine combo from 30k ft:

-511" based on a 400 block with aluminum caps/studs
-4.375" bore/6.535 rod (2.200/.990)/4.25" stroke crank
-Diamond 4.375" pistons, 1.32CH, -12.5cc reverse dome (~11:1ish with the heads below)
-Hellfire rings, H13 pins, standard oil ring
-Edelbrock Victor MW heads CNC ported by Hughes and cleaned up by me. ~380@.700 lift
-Hughes 1.7 ratio rockers, Manley TI retainers/locks
-Isky Tool Room RAD-9999 springs
-Isky Redzone EZ-X lifters
-B3 Racing Engines geometry correction kit (it was right on too!)
-Jones Cam, >.700 lift, 280's@.050
-Quickfuel 4150 1000CFM carb, will test annular and down leg boosters on the dyno.
-Indy 400-2 4150 single plane intake cleaned up by me
-TTI 2.125-2.00" step headers with exhaust to be determined
-6qt 70-71 Hemi oil pan, 3/8" pickup, HV pump turned down to make reasonable pressure
-Monte Smith flowed NOS brand "Big Shot" plate kit
-MSD 7AL2, old school 3-chip timing retard, HVC coil, FireCore Fiddy wires.
-All gaskets are Superformance with the exception of the MLS head gaskets.
-Electric water pump, etc.

Should fly but feel the 4150 carb is going to be the restrictor........

Last edited by Thumperdart; 11/06/15 02:48 PM.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....