Originally Posted By ahy

For shocks, up to 1" bars, KYB will work OK (I run them with 1" bars) but matched Bilstiens or Koni's are considered way better and pretty much required for a good outcome with T bars over 1". I would get a specific recommendation from somebody running that setup or a vendor like Firm Feel.

Starting with .96 bars, I would consider adding the better sway bar, better brakes and handling alignment with the offset bushings to help and see how you like it. Shocks would be next and heavier T bars next after that.

First off I would think that the 15" rims are going to be the weak point in the entire system. Tire size is limited, brake size is limited for upgrading the fronts, and once you start upgrading t-bars and sway bars you will wish you changed wheels/tires to take advantage of it all. Although....you can keep a trans am look with some 15" minilites and goodyear bluestreaks!!

On my small block Challenger I have 1.12" t-bars with koni reds and stock front sway bar with poly mounts. No rear bar (factory installed, not connected) 16x7 wheels with 255/50/16. The car is very predictable and flat and surprises a lot of people. With the weight of a big motor up front, I would opt for the biggest torsion bar you can get, and go from there. I ran the stock single piston caliper for many years of autocrossing, and recently swapped to Wilwood calipers up front for better pad selection. The pads I have now are incredible and are a VERY noticeable improvement over the "stock" type replacement pads. If money were no object I would have done a big brake swap years ago, but the Wilwoods were free and racing is expensive. No matter what you do, it would be best to make one change at a time and see how the car responds, despite the urge to tear it all apart at once.

68 AMX mopars red headed stepchild
69 Dart GT Convertible 340 4 speed
71 Challenger - looks like the avatar!