For the brakes, Dr Diff offers an 11.75 kit with stock style components. I believe he has bearing spacers so you can run the later and better 11.75" rotor on '70 spindles... or upgrade to mid 70's spindles. There are options to put a 4 piston caliper on the 11.75 rotor but personally I would stick with stock style for F/R balance, serviceability and cost. Also, some of the multi piston calipers have less piston area and need upgrades in master and booster to gain enough line pressure for full function plus harder to balance F/R.

For shocks, up to 1" bars, KYB will work OK (I run them with 1" bars) but matched Bilstiens or Koni's are considered way better and pretty much required for a good outcome with T bars over 1". I would get a specific recommendation from somebody running that setup or a vendor like Firm Feel.

Starting with .96 bars, I would consider adding the better sway bar, better brakes and handling alignment with the offset bushings to help and see how you like it. Shocks would be next and heavier T bars next after that.