Originally Posted By 69CoronetRT
There are a lot of people I do not know.

Who are Kevin Shaw and Mike Wilkins?

What is their standing in the hobby and their background to write a restoration book?

Do they run a restoration shop somewhere?

Hi, I'm Kevin Shaw. I've been in publishing for 14 years. I was the Associate Editor for Mopar Muscle for a few years during Randy's tenure, and later the Senior Editor for the Power Automedia Group before launching www.directlyconnectedmagazine.com earlier this year. We have our own section dedicated to the magazine here on Moparts, stop in and check it out HERE if you like.

Admittedly, there are a great deal of wiser minds than I who contributed their know-how, experience and skill to this book. It was merely upon me to try to lace it all together into a cohesive guide. As it is with all of these books, there's gonna be some flubs. Mike and I worked tirelessly to catch as many as we humanly could, but we're certain many eagle-eyed Moparts members will spot a few.

Although Mike is one of the top OE judges in the nation for '68-'70 B-Bodies, I claim to be no such encyclopedic expert of said content. I just knew we could do it with the right help, insight and research. This was a passion project as we felt there simply wasn't such a guide available on the market today. Many of you simply won't need it. And that's OK. But we wrote this for the guy who might not know where to look for the right answers, or even what questions to ask.

This book is not a 100-percent step-by-step on how to go from a basket case to a OE Class winner. CarTech begged us to dial it back more than once. But this is a pretty solid guide to getting your car looking and riding right, and close enough to appease 95% of the hardest of the hardcore Mopar lovers. And that, we felt was pretty dang good.

God bless,
Kevin

Last edited by Rustymuscle; 10/20/15 11:18 PM.

Mopar Connection Magazine, your source for daily news, real-world tech, features and much more.
Got a comment, question, or a story? Email me at kevin.shaw@shawgroupmedia.com