Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
Originally Posted By Criterion
In regards to the FiTech unit:

-What pressure is their integrated regulator operating at? And is that pressure fixed?
- Can it do PWM or control pump speed? I don't think I've read much, if anything about that.
-Last question and I know this is subjective but, are you satisfied with the fit and finish/quality of the product? Not in light of it costing half as much, but as an aftermarket item you're putting on top of your engine.

I'm in the throws of building a budget SBF (gasp!) so this is an appealing option.

Fuel pressure from the Command Center is fixed 58 psi, don't know about PWM capability of a different pump setup.

http://fitechefi.com/

The quality, finish and attention to detail of their products is superb.

From one of the manuals:

FUEL PUMP CONTROL: The FiTech ECU for Go EFI systems has a special driver circuit that will drive the fuel pump directly, which means that an external relay is not needed. This driver circuit allows both PWM control (pulse width modulated), and direct internal relay drive of the fuel pump. This allows the voltage to be reduced when the fuel demand is low, such as at idle and light cruise.

One thing I am not a fan of is the seemingly limited tunability. Looks like a 3x3 spark table is all you have...and it seems they strongly discourage people to actually fiddle/tune.

Last edited by OUTLAWD; 10/12/15 08:03 PM.

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater