As I have been running my car on the road course a little this year, I have made improvements along the way. One big improvement was Dr Diff 15/16" master and rear disc brakes to complement 13" front "Cobra Style" brakes. Now the brakes really bite and hold. Next was a mechanical OP gauge + idiot light. The rebuilt OE gauge works but is very slooow. It is always happy on high end of the scale running and drops to the middle at sustained hot idle.

The engine is a 496B with re-pop hemi pan, matching 3/8" pickup and MP windage tray. Manual transmission.

Now with the sensitive gauge and good brakes I see oil pressure drop on heavy braking. In normal operation it runs 65 psi or a little better hot and idles around 25-30 hot... as good or even a bit better vs the fresh engine with mechanical gauge.

When I warm the brakes a little then get on them hard, OP drops to a "bouncy" 20 PSI. The OE spec idiot light (7 psi?) does not come on. Oil pressure comes right back after I let off the brakes.

How worried should I be about the OP drop on braking? What are the fixes? Comments welcome.