Originally Posted By dvw
I don't agree. I believe hot is inaccurate. Temp change moves around to much while adjusting. Lash them cold, check them hot, get a number. Then recheck cold. Now you have a baseline. Make incremental changes cold until you produce the best results. Whether it be a little tighter or looser than the called out specs will make little difference. At least all 8 intakes and all 8 exhaust will be at the same number.
Doug

Agreed.............I use to watch guys hustle at the track chasing valves after warming the engine then fly through em while the engine is cooling down. Then warm again to do the other side. Simple, set em cold, warm the motor up to the operating range you drive/race in, check em hot and there`s your two averages and I`ve NEVER lost a cam. In my case iron block alum. heads .014 cold gets me .020 hot give or take .001 which don`t mean squat.......

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....