Originally Posted By 6PakBee
Originally Posted By Challenger 1
Originally Posted By 6PakBee
Well maybe diesel is diesel is diesel but..... The two trips I've made east with my 2010 Cummins, I started in ND at about 17 mpg. From there the mileage steadily increased. By the time I hit Ohio I was up to about 21 mpg. On the return trip by the time I got back to ND I was back to 17 mpg again. Both times. All numbers from the onboard display.

shruggy

You must of got a hold of some of our premium diesel! Kidding, I have no idea, did the weather get cooler to help with mileage or the load get lighter?

Neither of the above. I honestly have no idea. Looking for a reason to take another trip east to see if history repeats.

The normal direction of the wind was in your flavor going and against you coming back. No idea about that particular day but the wind is usually blowing that direction as well as the elevation.

As for the original post, I had a 92 cummins and ran it mostly on used oil from the honda dealer I worked at and it included engine oil, trans fluid, honda transfer case oil, gear oil... I poured it through an industrial coffee filter and ran it roughly 50-50 with diesel and never had any ill effects, I did the same with used resturant oil ocasionally with no issues.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!