Originally Posted By ChevyTS
Originally Posted By GTX MATT
So what is causing that/how do I fix it? Current carb is an annular booser Holley, but Ive had a few carbs on it.
You don't fix it. wink keeping fuel suspended is one of the great challenges of performance engine building. Liquid weighs more than air. Air and fuel moving at high speed... air makes the turn and fuel doesn't. This causes the fuel to enter the chamber atomized and as a liquid. The results clearly seen in your pistons. You might experiment with carb spacers if you have room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YUP^^^^^^^^^

I would spend time on the flow bench with the head first and figure out why the port is charging the bore like that, and why the fuel is separating out. Despite what I read, I have never been able to get wet flow (fuel that has fallen out of suspension) back into airflow with surface preparation.

After I was happy with the port, I would put the intake on and figure out what changes with the intake.

After all that crap, you still need carb work

I can tell you for a fact that one well know NASCAR engine builder spent 98% of his time on carbs and intakes. He made a special fixture to tests carbs on the flow bench that simulates the intake manifold and it's adjustable. I can't wait to play with it.

There is way more to it than it may appear. But your pics show some issues. Fix them and you will pick up power everywhere.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston