Originally Posted By joshking440
but take a look at the even over all from the stand point of payout. It's better overall for the event. If we based payout on car count I would have to get rid of guaranteed payouts and base it solely on car count and no one wants that

Oh, Pro class would LOVE that. And I'm sure Sportsman likes what they have now. It benefits them most. Less cars, less rounds, same payout as the class with twice as many cars. If I had a car to run in Sportsman, I'd make the switch, and I haven't run that class in....let me think....EVER.

After two years I think you have a pretty good idea of what to expect from S/pro, Pro and Sportsman.

That second to last year that you had your deal at Indy....pretty sure you had a $3000 to win for Pro, or no-box...and didn't that entry include a Saturday race also? That was nice, because it was something over and above the typical payout you get from your home track bracket race. We (pro class) get a lot more cars for an event like this than our typical home track turnout so I would expect a lot better payout than we'd see normally, but what you're paying out isn't really that special. Lot of racers just want to come out and race and payout isn't really all that important, but I'll bet your more die-hard types feel as I do.

Anyway, thanks for your responses. Just giving you some feedback to possibly make the event better in the future.

Oh, and as previously mentioned, try and put some space in the run order between 10.0 and Pro, the majority of your 10.0 racers come from Pro class and rushing back up to the lanes right after you make a pass is not fun. Especially when some racers set their cars up differently for 10.0 and the pro tree. (different t-brake buttons and/or spacers, launch rpm, shift rpm, throttle travel limiters, air pressure)