Hey guys

I just keep coming back to the question... "what damage could this washer actually cause?" Its a serious question, and not me thinking that it couldn't do any damage.

After dropping it in there (it definitely didn't go into the intake port) chances are it landed on the rotating assembly. I have now cranked the engine over (not started it), and chances are it has been flung down to the windage tray. Obviously buzzing an engine up to say 6500 RPM will make a serious whirlwind of oil and it could move the washer all around inside the engine, but what damage could it do? I think that its too big to get at any bearings or get under a piston skirt, or get sucked up by the pump. I guess it could get flung up to the cam and cause damage like that?

Thanks for the continued advice/support here guys... just so you know where my indecisiveness is coming from, I am at the end of a seriously long project on the car (like 6 months of evenings and weekends) and honestly I am simply sick of working on the car and just want to finish what is required and drive it.

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo