Ive never been one to want to be Mr Popular so I dont mind getting the flack I will get from writing this.

Yes procomp makes alot of junk, but I feel they did pretty well with the newer casting. And unless one pops for a set of castings and works them any thing posted or read is 100% speculation.

There is so much bs about these castings on the web its pretty messed up.

There is also many who from the start was on the rant of no heli coils, powdered seats, ect. And thats never been the case.

You can do far more with the procomp casting then an edelbrock casting as I have both and worked both.

For approx. $1300 you can build a set with even a bit more port volume the the airwolfs that were sold for what 3k maxed out.

So they are cast in china, BFD. So are the major parts of most the stroker kits used but since the finish work is done here in the usa I guess that is why they get a pass but no one complains about that aspect of things.

The procomps with a long stem valve can get a 1.90 to a 1.95 installed spring height and support some really high lifts. Thay can take a 2.08 intake but really ive not seen much improvement over using a 2.055. The only questionable part might be the guide quality but in the big picture how hard is it to put in good ones when you remove them for porting?

Ive tested them on a 318 and did all I could to make them fail and they have not.

I have another set on a race block and I wouldnt do that if I had one single concern.

If you gave a set of these casting to a fella to setup and told them they were made by a american company I dont think many neg. things would be said.

To be realistic, almost everyone has there ootb edelbrocks looked at and corrected prior to install but they seem to get a pass as well.

I have edelbrock casting, indy 360-1s and play with the procomps because ive not found a reason not to.

So when the day is done, is there really a mass produced ootb head that never has an issue or can be cleaned up?

They seem to be like a hooker with a chipped tooth, they can get the job done but no one will talk about it.