Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Now I`m really confused. You say we don`t want ethanol in or "race gas" but doesn`t the E in E-85 stand for ethanol? The biggest plus I hear about from people on E-85 is how "cheap" it is and that it runs a bit cooler but I have zero desire to change over at this point and will figure something out............. thumbs

I called the airport to see about some 100ll but they don`t sell to the public............bummer as I`ve heard good things about it from MOST people.............. shruggy
Think his main concerns were blending ( non ethanol with ethanol - could run in to compatible issues ), Longivity / storage, and a fuel system that may not be "totally" compatible. Not to mention adding another variable ( blending ) to the mix - so to speak. grin Since the $ is the same for the 2 fuels I mentioned ( Sunoco 100 With E and Sunoco 110 leaded ), no brainer choice for me. Running av gas opens up a whole nuther can of worms, starting with reeds vapor pressure issues, etc. I wouldn't run it and I wouldn't blend with it. BTW, think most AF meters are calibrated using gas with 0 ethanol in it, so when you blend, exactly what are you using for a conversion chart???

Fastest 300