A ProFlite WONT handle a ton of TQ without at the very least FREQUENT maintenance and occasional failures. I am not speculating I have seen and experienced it. In cars with a LOT of torque something like a Rossler TH210 or similar is the way to go. Wander around Top Sportsman and Pro Mod pits and see what they use for a true automatic. You will not find a Proflite among them. Proflites are great pieces SS and Comp cars that make good power with smaller cubes and not tons of torque. If you have a high winding 400ish" sb making 1100hp and not much torque then they are the quick way down the track. But they do not live long happy lives even there. I know I know the Hemi guys run them, Well let me tell ya they aint making killer TQ but make good power at high RPM's.

A glide can be built to handle whatever power you are making. The old wives tale about they don't work in heavy cars is just that, bunk! Just build it for it's intended purpose. Something like a Rossler XHD will live a long happy life behind a powerplant like yours as well. I just sold mine for a sons(actually traded it off)but don't be shy. Transmissions like that do not come cheap for sure.

In your case a true all the bells and whistle Proflite MAY work. I don't know what kind of torque you are making with that set up. Being a SB it may be ok. FWIW an all the bells and whistles ProFlite is NOT $5500 either..Both the Proflite and Rossler offer a variety of first gear ratios as well. So does a glide. But for a blown combo I cannot imagine you want a ton of first gear..

IMO if you are like most of us and have plans of some day going to more power just go right to the best piece available. Money wise a Rossler is on par with a Proflite and if it were my money would be the direction I would go.

Last edited by Al_Alguire; 07/08/15 08:57 PM.