Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Several things are needed to help identify why your parts aren't making a heap of torque and HP twocents Did you check the pushrod preload on the lifters to see if they had .015 to .030 preload? If not do that up Also did you degree the cams or line up the dots? If lined up the dots degree it now up Install it so it is installed between 105 and 107 on the intake lobe center(max lobe lift at 105 to 107 after top dead center up scope) You have the parts needed to make real near 500 HP and over 500 Ft lbs torque up Do you know how much valve spring ressure you have on the seats and opened? If so post that also up What do the spark plugs look like? Can you post a picture of them? If so do that. Little things can kill the performance of a good combination, been there done that to many times realcrazy Keep after it, you will make it into a real street stomper like your looking for up

My buddy put the heads on last time and he had to use lash caps to get a good preload. I just called him and he says he found some lash caps enough to get rid of the play.
I dialed in the cam 4 degrees advanced.
Sorry, no valve spring pressure figures, have no tools to measure.
My buddy was experimenting with jetting when the accident occurred so the plugs are just BLACK, no pics needed. I guess you can say he was FOULING around.

Last edited by HP2; 07/07/15 04:32 AM.

70 W100 Power Wagon. 318 4-spd
70 Sport Fury 440 2dr HT
71 Duster 340
71 Charger Super Bee - 383/727
72 Charger "Sabotage" - 440/727 - Street/Strip
78 Warlock in beautiful patina