I’m working on a buddys car, a 71 Satellite Sebring Plus cloned to a Road Runner I sold him a couple of years ago. Lots of options makes it heavy.
440”, A833, Dana 3.54
His girlfriend was driving and the deep pan touched something but she didn't notice so she kept on driving with a smile, but without oil pressure…
He was lucky though, we only needed to have crank polished and change all the bearings.
The strange thing with this 440 is that it has never run very good. It was in the car when I got it from a member here. I have never had it out before. Over the years I have swapped heads, intakes, cams, carbs, distributors, ignition systems, cam gearing aso without being able to find the problem. Now we will have it zero decked. It has flat top pistons (don’t remember brand) and now the slugs are about .050 - .075 down the bore. Crank has been balanced some time, there's signs of that.
Right now it has an RPM intake, a Holley 850 vac, MSD6AL, MP distr., fresh 906 heads, COMP CRB10 XE275HL-10 installed after Comp’s specs, OEM rockers, 2”/3 1/2" headers (think they are tti’s)
It runs so-so. The opposite to crisp, clean and willing, no matter what I have tried. Maybe, after all, the deck height has been the issue, even if I don’t think it should have affected THAT much. Will try to get comp ratio around 9.5:1.
Now I want to try a new cam. He wants a responsible, low end character that works good with manual. I was thinking a cam
with less duration but still lots of lift and LSA.
Why not an old alu dual plane and a TQ carb? Would also like to swap those large headers to something in the 1 3/4” size so you can change plugs in less than a day.
What do you think fellows?

70 W100 Power Wagon. 318 4-spd
70 Sport Fury 440 2dr HT
71 Duster 340
71 Charger Super Bee - 383/727
72 Charger "Sabotage" - 440/727 - Street/Strip
78 Warlock in beautiful patina