Originally Posted By GTS340
So it may seem like a deal. Better plan on spending another $1500+ for
1. Porting that is an absolute must (unless you want peformance lower than factory iron heads offer)
2. Valves and valve job
3. Rocker stands
4. Miscellaneous machine work to correct various issues
5. Offset intake rockers
We have built a set of those, in the end you will wish you would have went a different route!
But the reputation Indy has combined with the reputation the MP Stage 6 has I think most people would know to pass

Not sure I agree with your assessment...:
1. my bone stock Stage 6's were way lighter than my 906's and they flowed better out of the box
2. yes, if these heads re bare they will need valves and a valve job,
3. Rocker stands? Mine have "stock" rocker stands and accepted stock rocker gear...still do.
4. maybe I was lucky but mine needed no "various" issues corrected...yes...I've read all over the internet and on this site how bad some people and found them to be but mine may be the exception???
5. Offset rockers not required for Stage 6's
Bottom line I would think it doesn't sound like that bad of a deal to me...and as I side note I made 782 hp with mine on a 499 low deck stroker, ran them for over 10 years and they are now sitting on my shelf waiting on the next project. my 2 cents. Yes, they have been ported...twice as a matter of fact, once by Muscle Motors and the second time by a small independent shop.

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD