Originally Posted By 44D6PAKCUDA
Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By 70440SIXPK
HOLY COW! I just spilled my coffee! I cant imagine someone paying that for trim rings! Maybe I'll sacrifice them for a straight axle on my 55 chevy, my car came with 14x6 dog dishes... no sense in me hanging on to something that I have no use for...

Are they NOS from 1990 or newer? Then they are probably 15x6.5 rings that were sold as 15x7's.

Need to actually measure them or get a date with part number on the package.

I have a set of NOS 15x6.5 ones from 1991. I don't think those are anywhere near 3-4K.

Correct,most "real" 15x7 trim rings(3" tall/deep) ones were shipped in bags and are not seen very often.Chrysler never changed the part number once they narrowed them up in the mid 70's and a few people think they have real ones only to be disappointed.

Hmmm this gets me thinkin... My car was bought from the second owner with a trunk full of NOS parts in 1988. So that would rule the early 90's rings out... Now when the last owner purchased the parts I have no clue. I know that she at least owned it since 1979. I would imagine that these rings are from the early 80s maybe late 70s.

I don't have them in front of me because they are at the shop. I'll have to get some pics and part numbers on Friday. I do know that they are in a bag. The old paper backed ones with the almost yellowish looking plastic on the top.

Never really put much thought in them cause my car came with dog dishes, and I have a build sheet to back it so I didn't want to go changing it up for looks. I do enjoy rally's, but I'm a purist and like my car the way it came. I knew that they worth a lot, but not that much. Hopefully they are the true 15x7 rings.

1970 Challenger
Factory V Code