Originally Posted By 72N96RR
Just bought a repo red cap battery from Summit for 223.00..i have a red cap that I purchased from a member here..It was dry unused to begin with...I filled it with 5 oz of acid and 3 oz of distilled water per cell..I put it on a charger several times and it just wont hold a charge...Is it a goner or did I do something wrong??

Nice job fellas on those gutted batteries.. thumbs

I can do like 70runner did and just use washers and bolts or the cables and side post to top adapters I had on hand. I did so and as I had the parts on hand. To try it out parts on the self {so I can go either way] funny thing was car was hot as had stated with a used norm group24
So hooked up the Gutted with a lawn tractor that bolts with nut and bolts threw post. Added some foam for sides
And the 375CCA started the true 12.3 to 1 right up.
In the cold winter or as a cold start even n a hot summer day.
I bet it would not. It does not get cold here. But still a hot day on cold start up makes me wonder?
As a new one at Sam's / WalMart is like $40 bucks OTD.
Kinda like "How Low Can Ya Go CAA" lol
I used to use a 500 CCA small like that size that was or some Equipment a buddy gave me free used. And would start the car park I at a show then stock the empty case in with bolts and hold down. to look nice.
So I know that 500CAA would do it.
I do switch from yellow 24 caps since it is a 24 for a 1973 H code car. To red caps from time to time. Guys just look and think wow that's a short 27 lol

It was a borrowed battery so I never got to try

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough