I wasn't exactly sure what the OP was getting at?

So this morning I called and talked to a sales rep at Turbostart. Doug is his name as I recall. Anyway, I asked him if the restoration batteries were going to be discontinued/unavailable. He said no, just that Axion was getting out of restoration and race batteries and that another company was taking over production. He said, they, Turbostart, ramped up production briefly to help with the transition.

Also, I called and talked to a sales rep at Summit Racing. They confirmed with me on the phone that they have the S27MRL in stock and ready to ship, 60 units on hand in fact. I asked if they had any information that these batteries were going to be discontinued or a disruption in supply. They said nothing they could see. The price is $229.00 with free shipping-and-handling. -> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/anp-s27mrl

I'm currently working on the body work on my Road Runner so investing in a restoration battery isn't in the budget. But I'm now intrigued about the Odyssey battery conversion some of you have done. If anyone has a good used Group 27 red cap battery they'd be interested in selling me at a decent price, please shoot me a PM.