Originally Posted By 69x
Quote:
Quote:
Great thread, but what I find strange and kind of funny is that you see allot of 69's and a few on this post that are restored to day one but THEY HAVE 68 WHEELS on them instead of the correct 69 wheels with trim rings, I just think its kind of silly to have a car that is so correct except for wheels. That has always really bugged me.
Anyhow, I will share info on a few converts that I remember from my past here soon : )

I have found that if the car is an early production, they could have had the "Chrome" road wheels as they would have used up the left over inventory such as the same with the black door handle button vs. the chrome button and chrome shifter knob instead of the wood grain knob. I've also seen a more squared off fender turn signal vs. the bullet style. A friend of mine has a car that is about two weeks before the SPO date of our car and his has the squared off turn signal vs. our rounded bullet style.
That could be true but I dont think that is the reason very often you see them with 68 wheels, look on ebay and over half of 69 b bodies dont have the correct wheels. lots have 68 wheels.

I didn't know this I have wondered why mine has the chrome shifter knob vs the wood grain knob and sure enough I have the black button I believe my car pulled off of the dealer lot early December of '68