Originally Posted By MoParFish
Originally Posted By mopar dave
Any idea what would be a good cam lift and install height to target to avoid all the extra work you had to do if building a 512 with the victor max port?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1516685/1.html

mopar dave, Ok, first, the only reason those heads required all that work is because of the reduced shaft diameter and fulcrum length of the T&D rockers. There was no way to offset the shafts enough without risking failure of the shafts. The correct lift would be far beyond the capability of the installed height to get the proper sweep action with the shafts just bolted on. You could probably do what Jeremiah did with his Victors, and have everything correct.

MoParFish, I can see from your photos that the roller starts inboard and stops outboard at full lift. The roller should stop at the same place it started if the geometry is correct (sweep out-sweep in). The lash caps are making that condition worse, but they keep the roller from rolling off the valve when the geometry is off. With .674 lift, your sweep should be roughly .038" when correct. No need for the caps. You've got a nice motor there. I just wish the valvetrain was optimized.

With a BB Harland Sharp rocker, and 1.00" lift, the sweep across the valve should be .084". How many guys out there are getting that much sweep, or more, with .600" or less lift? I've seen a lot of them myself, so I know there are a lot more.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.