Well: My method of tuning is probably a little strange but what I need from it is this. I drive around and really don't think about it much just kind of take off like a normal everyday car off a stop sign with probably less than 1/4 throttle, then I drive around at various throttle positions ranging up to about where you can feel the other carb tipping in (throttle pressure doubles up you can feel it with your foot). (Up to about half throttle should be just on the rear carb).
Then if that's good I'll go in a bit harder and maybe go 5/8 throttle and 3/4 throttle to make sure it doesn't surge or load up (at this point you're using the second carb).
If the driveability is good then I'll go out and whack the throttle in 2nd gear at about 2000RPM and if it stumbles it needs more work. I just nail it and it just hits and breaks the tires loose and it better pull hard up to 6500 or so. I know I want a lot from it but that's what I expect before I think it is running right.
I hope this makes sense the way I wrote it. It's not easy to achieve but is the way I feel it should run.
BTW I bought another one today, U-code, 4 speed R/T SE, I'm swapping in the 472 out of my red Coronet.

Sheldon

photo 1 (3).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG
Last edited by RUNCHARGER; 05/29/15 02:04 AM.

Sheldon