I have found that trying to measure and locate the holes on that curved surface creates more issues. Seeing as the letters are right in front of God and everybody, they need to be straight.

I made a fixture. For those who have never made a quick fixture/guide, try this:
Take a hood that has the holes already there and that the owner is OK with this process.
Use paste wax on the whole area by the holes.
Take some 10/32 screws, maybe 2" long from the backside. Place a thick spacer on the screw on the topside of the hood. (this will act as a drill bushing later) then use a washer and nut and tighten the spacers in place.
Then, mix up bondo and bondo around the spacers (don't cover the nut portion) and on the surface of the hood. Cover the whole area to capture the shape.
Use a small amount of fiberglass, or even burlap in the bondo to keep it from breaking in pieces.
Once it hardens, take off the nuts and remove the screws from the backside. Remove the whole bondo block.
This will then allow you to place that block on another hood and drill through the bushings/spacers into the new hood.

On a related topic, I have found that the replacement DODGE letters seem softer than the originals. This becomes more of an issue with the G, as it can twist at the top when adding the nut from the backside.