Originally Posted By 1967dartgt
You
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By 1967dartgt
You need high velocity ports!

I guess it depends on who's stating the "old theory"...

Darin Morgan: "Make no mistake, velocity is the primary variable in the design of the entire induction system...

So why does my pump gas small block go faster then your high velocity big block?

You mean the 3700# 452 c.i., flat-tappet cam, pump-gas street car I drove from Virginia to race at E-town (about a 500 mile round trip) over the weekend and also raced at Cecil County on the drive up?

I have no idea, since we're obviously talking a total apples-to-apples comparison. realcrazy

And I'll aplogize in advance, but I still think Darin Morgan might know a little more about cylinder heads than you.

EDIT: On a less sarcastic note, I recognize that you can have a larger volume & better flowing head that has better velocity characteristics than a smaller & lower flowing head.

I'm hoping that the Victors that are replacing my old Stage VIs prove that out on the track, as well as flowing better across the lift curve on the flow bench. The CD #s (Coefficient of Discharge) values are better through the lift curve w/ the Victors, too. luck

Last edited by BradH; 05/08/15 01:36 PM.